[MOL] Small Cell (Oat Cell) Cancer [09871] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Small Cell (Oat Cell) Cancer

	I also was diagnosed with small cell or oat cell lung cancer in February
of last year.  I was told the same thing about the survivability rate.  The
Oncologist said that with chemo (sisplatin and etoposide) and radiation
they could usually make the cancer go away but that in 80% of the cases it
does return in 16-18 months and the cells that do return are usually to
resistant to try to treat.  I did go through the radiation and chemo, which
was no fun.  So far the tumor is gone and there has been no sign of the
cancer returning.  However, I am not out of the danger zone and still see
him every 3 months.  So far so good.  I'll take whatever time I can.  I
wish your mother good luck.

Dale