[MOL] BladeQueen...such a cosmic name :+) [08866] Medicine On Line

[MOL] BladeQueen...such a cosmic name :+)

Dear BladeQueen,

I agree and believe a step further...that without the will to live, the
hope of another tomorrow, and a faith in the spiritual essence of our own
being, all the technical skill and advances will be without effect.  It
is those "intangibles" that effect the immune system and determine who
will survive.  The "gift" of cancer is the realization that, one day we
all WILL die and that what is really important is what we do with the
gift of today.  Cancer awakens us to the importance of the spiritual and
emotional side of human existence...a side that is often kept in the
closet...and encourages us to nurture and care for that part of being
alive.

Cancer teaches that all the things that stressed us and that we thought
so important is really small stuff...and you should never worry about the
small stuff.  What is really important is the relationships that we have
with each other, loving and caring for some one else, learning to accept
love from others, opening ourselves to the real beauty around us...the
rain, a sun set, the stillness of a dark night, the wakeup call of the
birds a 5am.  It is all part of being part of life.  We got so used to
chasing after things that we believed ourselves to be those things and
forgot that there is a whole universe out there for us to enjoy.

Woops, didn't mean to go on like that...guess I feel rather strongly
about the subject having had cancer wake me up only a year ago.  God
Bless and I look forward to getting to know you.
John