Re: [MOL] meditation/Marty [08812] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] meditation/Marty

Dear Marty:

I think I'll try your suggestion.  They may try the new drug on me in
June.  I don't feel that's whats bothering me but something is.  I'm
tense all the time with pains down my arm.  Doc gave me traquilizers but
if the mind keeps working overtime they don't help.  I haven't had
radiation that was the other alternative.  I finished with my chemo
April /97.  My weight keeps blooming.  I feel like an inflated balloon
about to burst.  That would be a site.  Thank you once again.  Lucille.

>Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 07:02:05 -0700
>From: Martin Auslander <fitecancer@earthlink.net>
>To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
>CC: Jean Johnson <tiggeroo@tidalwave.net>
>Subject: Re: [MOL] meditation/Marty
>
>Dear Jean,
>
>We have similar problems from time to time and from time to time it is
ok to go
>to sleep. But, here are some hints....
>
>1-Sit in a comfortable chair. Do not lie down.
>2-Feet flat on the floor
>3-close your eyes
>4-take 3 deep breaths in and out, but exhale very slowly after each
breath as
>this will relax the body.
>5-Concentrate on what your meditation will be
>6-Let your mind go to a place where you are the happiest and let it be
with
>whomever you wish it to be. In other words let your mind go to a place
wherever
>that may take you where you feel the safest and the view is beautiful.
If you
>chose to be with someone or alone that is great as long as you feel
secure and
>happy. YOur mind must always be concentrating.
>7-Then whether you are listening to a tape or not, concentrate on where
your
>mind leads you or where you wish it to be.
>8-Let your mind find the vehicle that will heal you, whether it is a
lazer light
>or an instrument or source that will destroy any harm.....i.g. rabbits
eating
>carrots (carrots may be cancer cells), sharks eating little fish (fish
maybe
>cancer cells), army beating the enemy (enemy maybe virus or diseased
cells).
>9-then after your imagery completes go back to your favorite place in
your mind
>and then slowly come back.
>
>10. you can alter the vision each time...if you chose.
>
>HOpe these hints work. Then if you wish to go to sleep after or before
that is
>ok.  We meditate, sometimes either before or after we get up in the
morning,
>then midafternoon, then at evening.
>
>Take care. Let me know if this works.
>God Bless
>marty
>
>tom wrote:
>
>> Marty,
>> I meditated for 20-30 minutes tonight w/o tape.  Had the same problem
>> had yesterday when I tried it.  Help!  I became very sleepy, even
though
>> I felt restorative benefits as I breathed deeper and focused easier.
>> What can I do?  I don't want to feel like curling up to go to sleep
>> after every session.  Am I doing something wrong?  I'm sitting w/legs
in
>> a sort-of lotus position (not quite flexible enough).
>> -Jean

Forum