Re: [MOL] hypertrophic osteoarthropathy [08697] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] hypertrophic osteoarthropathy

I can only speak for what my husband went through with his small cell lung
cancer with mets to the bone marrow and lymph glands.  His pelvic, knees and
ankles went through periods of tremendous achiness (is this a word!!!).  His
onc. told his that was from the chemo which was affecting (thank goodness
for him) his bone marrow.  Also, when his blood counts got low, one of the
injections he got was Neuprogen to increase his white blood count and, again
since it affected his bone marrow in that it caused it to produce more white
blood cells, caused him to have aches in his pelvic and lower limb bones.
Since he completed his chemo almost four weeks ago and has had no more
injections of Neuprogen, his pains have stopped.  However, that is just what
happened to my husband; you should surely mention this to your doctor to be
on the safe side.

Your friend,

cindy