Re: [MOL] Joan.. [06355] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Joan..

Hi Diana and all, Well the latest onGeorge is that it has become increasingly
difficult for him to breathe because of his coughing. He says it is a "catch" in
his throat, and he has considerable pain in his jaw. He had a bad experience
with an oral surgeon last fall, but the  jaw was hurting before that, in fact
his throat and jaw was what took him to the doctor a year ago. An ENT has
revealed nothing about his throat, and the oncologists and pulmonologists can't
find anything either, after bone scans, MRIs, CTs, etc., etc., etc.. His oxygen
level is 95%. So as we speak he is at his dentist's office again, (not the oral
surgeon) and later today are going to Medford (90 minutes from here) to see
another ENT. My niece is an ENT in Albequerqe, and I hope to see her next
weekend at her sister's wedding in Portland and will pick her brain. Anyway his
chemo we thought was going great after one treatment, but he started breaking
out in a terrible rash, it is now almost gone, but he has discontinued the
Cantron, the pharmacist said sometimes these medications clash with anything
like supplements that even contain trace minerals, and Cantron has lots of
copper. That was what seemed to make the rash go away, and since the sellers of
Cantron said not to take Vitamins E or C with it, he can now take these 2
vitamins he so sorely needed to be on. His white blood count was down on Monday,
so next Monday will determine whether they will give him his second chemo
treatment on Tuesday. It's always hurry up to wait, isn't it?

I can't get Sally and Charlie off my mind, and Lillian and her long drive. 90
minutes in the daylight is nothing to drive compared to hers. Since we're behind
three hours, I hope and pray they all have good news by now. Thanks  for asking
about George, we're hanging in there, and seeing people in much worse shape and
in need of our prayers.
I was beginning to think Marty and I were the only ones on the west coast, but
now we have Ruth in Oregon and Mike in Seattle. Who else???  My love to all,
Joan (Oregon Trail Joan, that is.)