[MOL] [Fwd: [Fwd: Computer Gender]] [06209] Medicine On Line

[MOL] [Fwd: [Fwd: Computer Gender]]

---- Begin included message ----
You've probably seen this before but sometimes we need a lift...

---- Begin included message ----
I thought you might find this funny!

Subject: Are computers male or female?

As you are aware, ships have long been characterized as being female
e.g. "Steady as she goes" or "She's listing to starboard, Captain"

Recently, a group of computer scientists (all males) announced that
computers
should also be referred to as being female.  Their reasons for this
conclusion
follow:

Five reasons to believe computers are female:
1.	No one but the Creator understands the internal logic.
2.	The native language they use to communicate with other computers is
incomprehensible to everyone else.
3.	The message "Bad command or file name" is about as informative as,
"If you don't know why I'm mad at you, then I'm certainly not going to tell

you"
4.	Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later
retrieval.
5.	As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half

your paycheck on accessories for it.

However another group of computer scientists (all female) think that
computers
should be referred to as if they were male.  Their reasons follow:

Five reasons to believe computers are male.
1.	They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.
2.	They are supposed to held you resolve problems, but half the time they
ARE the problem.
3.	As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a
little longer, you could have obtained a better model.
4.	In order to get the attention, you have to turn them on.
5.	Big power surges knock them out for the rest of the night.

---- End included message ----
---- End included message ----