[MOL] New Antinausea Drug [06001] Medicine On Line

[MOL] New Antinausea Drug

This is a new anti-nausea drug.  I don't know what it costs to the

survivor, but I am hoping it is less expensive and more successful than

the compozines, kytrils and zofrans individually. I hope this

information will benefit those on chemo and that this product will

successfully avoid any nausea totally as a result of chemotherapy.

God Bless

marty auslander

ANZEMET FOR NAUSEA NEW AVAILABLE IN THE U.S.

HOechst Marion Roussel reports that Anzemet (dolasetron mesylate

injection/tablets) an antiemetic that prevents the nausea and vomiting

associated with chemothrapy and surgery, is now available in the U.S.

'Anzemet is available  in both intravenous and oral formulation. A

selective 5-HT3 receptor anatagonist, Anzemet prevents the nausea and

vomiting associeated with single or repeated coursed of emetogenic

cancer chemotherapy and is also indicated for the prevention and

treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting.