Re: [MOL] new to all of this/Sheila [05666] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] new to all of this/Sheila

Sheila, I am glad that you have found this forum and I know that you will
find much help and encouragement here.  I was diagnosed with Non Small Cell
Lung Cancer last November and I  had my right lung removed as the primary
treatment.

I hear the fear and the weight of the world that is falling on your
shoulders and your heart and I wanted to write you to tell you that Cancer
is not always a death sentence.  The doctors use statistics because all of
us want to know what our chances are..  I am not sure if we expect the
doctors to be God or a bookie!  LOL!  I do know that is the question on all
of our hearts when cancer comes home... how long do we (they) have to live?

Well your dad's oncologist gave you his opinion and now I will give you
mine.  Only God knows how long we have to live.  Now there are many things
that we can do to work to be a cancering survivor which includes diet,
exercise, vitamins/nutrition, positive thinking, prayer, faith and hope; or
we can give up and and go with the odds the bookies have given.  It is my
belief that if we accept those odds, then for sure we will meet them.  That
is not to say that if we don't for sure we will not, for we will all die one
day and I for one, don't know what day is slated for me to join the Lord.

Let me recommend that today you go out and get 2 books.  The first is
written by a man who had lung cancer; Greg Anderson and it is called "The
Fifty Essential Things To Do When the Doctor Says it is Cancer".  The second
is written by a surgeon, Bernie Siegal and it is called "Peace Love and
Healing".  I think that these books are very important for your father and
you to read.
I didn't get Gregs book until 5 or 6 weeks after surgery and I truly believe
the cancering journey would have been easier for me had I have read this
book immediately..

No matter how frightened your father and you might get on this journey,
remember to keep faith and hope, as without it you have lost the essence of
survival.  May God's Blessings be with you and comfort your heart.  Carla