Re: [MOL] breast cancer [01646] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] breast cancer

firefly wrote:

> I am a breast cancer survivor.  Had a mastecomy in 1996.  Tumor size was  large; can't remember off hand the exact size; but I was node negative and post memop

Its me again....

Lillian...noted your response to ML.  Your situation is similar to mine as I
was also put on tamoxifen, as you know.  However, I had had a
hysterectomy  in the early 80's, took my uterus and one ovary, was
premenopausal, but they still put me on tamoxifen.  So far I have had no
problems.  Did you suffer with hot flashes when they put you on tamoxifen,
or had you already been through that wonderful part of femal life?  I fear
that when I go off the tamoxifen, my body may or m ay not be post
menopausal.  Should be interesting.  I certainly don't want to go through it
twice.

God Bless,
Gail