Re: [MOL] breast cancer [01645] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] breast cancer

Mary Louise Emerson wrote:

> Hi ya'll. this is Mary Louise again. I wrote to you last month about my
> sister-in-law who had breast cancer - had a tumor the size of an egg for
> a year before she decided to go in. Had a mastectomy, nodes turned out
> negative. begins chemo tomorrow. I'd like to hear some first hand
> experiences of breast cancer patients. tumors? when and how big when
> diagnosed? prognosis? chemo? Beth thinks she will aggravate the cancer
> by going onto chemo. Could this be true. Has anyone heard statistics
> about those who choose NOT to have chemo. I guess I don't know what to
> expect,realistically, ALTHOUGH of course we all are going to fight this
> beast.  God bless us all!
>
>         Yours truly,  ML

> Hi ya'll. this is Mary Louise again. I wrote to you last month about
> my sister-in-law who had breast cancer - had a tumor the size of an
> egg for a year before she decided to go in. Had a mastectomy, nodes
> turned out negative. begins chemo tomorrow. I'd like to hear some
> first hand experiences of breast cancer patients. tumors? when and how
> big when diagnosed? prognosis? chemo? Beth thinks she will aggravate
> the cancer by going onto chemo. Could this be true. Has anyone heard
> statistics about those who choose NOT to have chemo. I guess I don't
> know what to expect,realistically, ALTHOUGH of course we all are going
> to fight this beast.  God bless us all!
>
>         Yours truly,  ML
Dear Mary Louise,

Praise God that your sister's nodes were negative.  I am a survivor,
however, I did not have a masectomy so I can't help you there.  If it were
me I would talk to a couple radiation oncs and get as much as information,
as you are trying to do, as possible.  My tumor was small, 1 1/2x1 1/2
1cm.  I had radiation therapy and have been on tamoxifen for almost five
years.  Keep asking questions.

Your sister and family will be in our prayers.

GodBless,
Gail