From: jerry corrigan <justbear@email.msn.com>
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 30, 1998 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: [MOL] you are invited to the wedding you know

Hi Mam and Frank:  I have a touching story to tell.  When Jerry and I got married -- almost five years ago -- I was 51 and he was 43.  My parents couldn't believe my good fortune, and frankly, neither could I.  I kept wondering what was the matter with him!  LOL  Anyway, he kept nagging me, and I finally consented.  I called a very nice magistrate judge I had known for quite some time and asked him if he'd perform the ceremony.  He agreed to.  His office called the day before the ceremony and said he'd been transferred to Juvenile Hall and would be performing the ceremony there in his office!!!  I said okay.  When we got there, we were told that he'd been delayed at a hearing and another judge was going to fill in for him.  The other judge was a judge I've known for 15 years and I cannot stand him!!  He sends everything I do back!!  He's anal compulsive or retentive or whatever it is, and absolutely drives me nuts!!!  He performed the ceremony.  My daughter got lost and didn't make it in time.  My two brothers were our witnesses and my youngest brother's shoelaces were untied.  Jerry and I got the giggles and the ceremony lasted about four minutes.  Then we went out to dinner and went home.  Isn't that the most romantic thing you ever heard?  I didn't think so, and I certainly wouldn't suggest it to just anyone!  LOL  Love, Kathy