Re: [MOL] Liz - [02806] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Liz -

Well you are absolutely right about one thing Liz.  That is, I can get in
enough trouble all on my own and quite easy at that.  Just remember, that I
once wrote you and told you of my thirst for knowledge.  I was just trying
to lighten things up, no pun intended.  Your friend, lillian

----------
> From: Elizabeth Patterson <eapat@ewa.net>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] Liz -
> Date: Tuesday, December 29, 1998 9:02 PM
>
> Again you may have the quotation right. I suppose it may be more accurate
> to say "Idle hands are the Devil's tools." Whatever, I think you
understand
> my compulsive work ethic. I think you can get into enough trouble as it
is.
> Love
> Liz
>
> >My mother always said " an idle mind is the devils workshop", did that
mean
> >I had a dirty mind as a kid too?   Tee Hee!  Think of the trouble I
could
> >get into with idle hands, no we wont go there!  lillian
> >
> >----------
> >> From: Elizabeth Patterson <eapat@ewa.net>
> >> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> >> Subject: Re: [MOL] Liz - on Martha
> >> Date: Tuesday, December 29, 1998 4:45 PM
> >>
> >> Hi Jeanne,
> >> See, I knew you had it all together. I am a bit of a pack rat myself
but
> >> blamed it on being raised by people who lived through the Great
> >Depression
> >> and then through rationing during WWII. Your home sounds comfortable.
My
> >> home is also comfortable but I went through a period of buying really
> >> expensive, formal furniture for my living and dining rooms, natural
wood
> >> tables and dining set, formal platform rockers and Queen Anne style
> >chairs.
> >> They have all been replaced with recliners. Is my age showing?
> >>
> >> I was raised with the "idle hands are the devil's workshop" philosophy
so
> >> find it hard to just relax. That is what I am having to teach myself
> >do.
> >> I have been off work since Thursday at noon and I am finding it hard
not
and I
> >> would never again buy a brand new car. I am not willing to take the
hit
> >> financially. My car is a 1990 and I will probably drive it for several
> >more
> >> years. I did buy a new car in 1976 (914 Porsche) and drove it for 15
> >years.
> >>
> >> I share your love of books and I spend lots of money on them too. I
try
> >> make myself use the library instead, but I am terrible about getting
them
> >> back on time. It's easier to buy them. I pretty much wait until they
come
> >> out in paperback now. My other extravagance is on plants. I love to
grow
> >> all kinds of plants, vegies and flowers, and I like to try new and
> >> different varieties all the time. That can run into some money.
> >> In fact, the sun is shining today and I am thinking of starting stuff
for
> >> my garden. I know it is too soon so I will probably resist the urge,
but
> >> would love to dig in the dirt.
> >> Love
> >> Liz