From:
Elizabeth Patterson <<mailto:eapat@ewa.net>eapat@ewa.net>
To: <mailto:mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>mol-cancer@lists.meds.com <<mailto:mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 29, 1998 4:47 PM
Subject: RE: [MOL] Liz - on Martha

Hi Kathy,
I live in Yakima.
Love Liz

Hi, again, Liz: Where do you live? I forgot. The recliner bit made me laugh. I've done the same thing! LOL Also, the book budget blowout. Love, Kathy

-----Original Message-----From: Elizabeth Patterson [SMTP:eapat@ewa.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 1998 2:45 PM
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com

Hi Jeanne,
See, I knew you had it all together. I am a bit of a pack rat myself but I
blamed it on being raised by people who lived through the Great Depression
and then through rationing during WWII. Your home sounds comfortable. My
home is also comfortable but I went through a period of buying really
expensive, formal furniture for my living and dining rooms, natural wood
tables and dining set, formal platform rockers and Queen Anne style chairs.
They have all been replaced with recliners. Is my age showing?

I was raised with the "idle hands are the devil's workshop" philosophy so I
find it hard to just relax. That is what I am having to teach myself to do.
I have been off work since Thursday at noon and I am finding it hard not to
would never again buy a brand new car. I am not willing to take the hit
financially. My car is a 1990 and I will probably drive it for several more
years. I did buy a new car in 1976 (914 Porsche) and drove it for 15 years.

I share your love of books and I spend lots of money on them too. I try to
make myself use the library instead, but I am terrible about getting them
back on time. It's easier to buy them. I pretty much wait until they come
out in paperback now. My other extravagance is on plants. I love to grow
all kinds of plants, vegies and flowers, and I like to try new and
different varieties all the time. That can run into some money.
In fact, the sun is shining today and I am thinking of starting stuff for
my garden. I know it is too soon so I will probably resist the urge, but I
would love to dig in the dirt.
Love
Liz