[MOL] Liz, Kathy, Lil [02681] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Liz, Kathy, Lil

Hi, folks, I got a new book at Christmas from a couple we know. He is a
Scot from Aberdeen and they both live in Australia now. The book is called
Glencoe and the Indians, 1996, James Hunter - author. He normally writes
about Scotland. He had heard about a man called Duncan McDonald who despite
his Highland name, considered himself Nez Perce. During the troubles,
Duncan made it his busines to publish his account of the war as it seemed
to the Nez Perce. Duncan's father was an Angus McDonald who was born in the
Highlands and who as many Scots did, left for the new land. Should be
interesting and will start reading it on our way upisland. Since it based
around your area, you probably know of it.

I will have to watch Martha and see if she is as condescending as you say.
I have heard this said about her but Cathy and I just don't pick it up. Is
it an American thing?

I read a report over the weekend stating that the top 20% of the US
population controls almost 45% of the wealth. In Canada it is 38%. In the
US, the middle class shrank from 30.6% in 1974 to 26.8% in 1995. In Canada
it was 35% in 1995. Even the middle class never mind the rich were a
unknown species to me at one time. (Insert soft chuckle here!)

We just got back from a sauna. The staff write a quote on a blackboard
every day. Today it is "There is more to life than being rich."

PS My last all nighter was "Lord of the Rings" was when I was single. I was
tempted by one of the Chesapeake novels but will probably reserve it at the
library. I just finished "Breach of Promise" based on Victorian England. I
love browsing in book stores and they don't even mind you sitting down and
reading now. Wow!

Best to you all, talk to you in a couple of days. Love, Jeanne