Re: [MOL] Caroline [02632] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Caroline

I was just jesting with you Caroline, oh please let me be nutty, then I
would have an excuse for everything!  LOL!   Now lets do talk about
fish.....on the serious side here.  I went fishing a few time's, very proud
of what I caught and when a friend was cleaning my fish, I noticed some
things in the fish that just did not look right.  It was worm's I was
told.....have you ever heard of this, and do tell me is there any benefit
to eating worm's?  Shrimp, yes they are scavengers and also quite high in
cholesterol; however in the Orient, they not only eat plenty of shrimp; but
eat the shrimp eyes too.  What do you know about this?  Our waterways are
becoming so polluted, that their are grogs with growths; etc. this tends to
scare me a bit away from seafood; altho I absolutely love it.  Now we can
just be vegetarians; but we need to keep the potato skins on as the
nutrients from the dirt are good, or they used to be.  This is a very
interesting topic; but I just don't have the answers for it.  Think I have
played devils advocate long enough here......LOL!  Your friend, lillian

----------
> From: The Wilcott Family <cadawil@cancom.net>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] range free turkey?
> Date: Sunday, December 27, 1998 6:51 PM
>
> Hi Lil,
> I was not implying at all that you were nutty or even wrong in your post
> re: free range turkeys. I know that there are places where you can get
> organically raised turkeys but they are not the easiest places to find. I
> was talking about the run of the mill grocery chains that are advertising
> them, even some of the health food stores sell these kinds too. It would
be
> up to the individual to research where and what the turkeys eat and do in
> their relatively short lives. Remember advertising is a suck to get you
> buy!!! LOL It's our responsibility to research.
> Love ya
> Caroline
>
> ----------
> > From: Lillian Jennings <Firefly@islc.net>
> > To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> > Subject: Re: [MOL] range free turkey?
> > Date: December 27, 1998 9:17 AM
> >
> > Perhaps there is a difference between Canada and the U.S.; but I was
glad
> > to see that I am not nutty as a fruit cake....thanks Marty !
> >
> > ----------
> > > From: Martin Auslander <fitecancer@earthlink.net>
> > > To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> > > Subject: Re: [MOL] range free turkey?
> > > Date: Sunday, December 27, 1998 9:16 AM
> > >
> > > To Christine and Kathy and all.
> > >
> > > Their are health food stores that do, during the course of the year,
> > > advertise range free organic turkeys to be free of pesticides,
> hormones,
> > > etc and when they are ready for the butcher shop, they are fresh and
> > > free of anything that is normally used for the typical grocery store
> > > turkeys. We buy from a store called "Whole Foods" and "Mothers" where
> > > they advertise, range free organic turkeys and you can only buy them
> for
> > > one month in NOvember of the year. They are FDA controlled to make
> > > certain that what is advertised is correct. Just a suggestion.
> > >
> > > God Bless
> > > marty auslander

> hormones
> > into