Re: [MOL] lung cancer treatment centers [02628] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] lung cancer treatment centers

Dear Clent:  Welcome to our wonderful forum.  If you have access to M.C.
Anderson, you have the best there is, in the top 10 by the National Cancer
Institute.  They have everything right there to offer in regards to all the
various cancer treatments, trials; etc.  Good luck, and know that your mom
and you are in my prayers.  Pls, keep us posted and update.  Your friend,
lillian

----------
> From: Elizabeth Patterson <eapat@ewa.net>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] lung cancer treatment centers
> Date: Monday, December 28, 1998 11:38 AM
>
> Dear Clent,
> Welcome to this forum, I know you will be contacted by many more
> knowledgeble thanI about your mother's diagnosis. From all I have read
and
> information that has been on this forum for the last six months, I would
> say, if you have access to MD Anderson Cancer Institute, you have a very
> good place to go. I understand it is excellent.
>
> My heart goes out to you. I know it must be very difficult for you to
face
> this. Just be sure you are working with a doctor your mother has faith in
> and keep a positive attitude (both you and your mother). Beating cancer
is
> difficult, but many have done it with proper medical care, good
nutrition,
> and positive thinking.
>
> You will find Marty a wealth of information on nutrition and many other
> aspects of Cancer treatment. He has been researching this extensively for
> the past five years as caregiver to his wife.
>
> Lillian is also very well informed and is a great researcher. She will
> advise you to check with the American Cancer Society and she will point
you
> in the direction of many informative sites on the web.
>
> Again, welcome.
> Liz
>
> >My mother has just been diagnosed with lung cancer in both lungs and in
her
> >lymph nodes.
> >
> >Can you tell me where the best treatment centers are in the country?
And,