Re: [MOL] range free turkey? [02616] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] range free turkey?

Hi
We used to raise meat birds and the hormones were right in the food that we
bought from the grain stores, not injected into the birds. That's how
little control we can have over what is pure and what is not. If you could
raise your own meat birds and get some organically grown grains and such
then you would have a better grown bird. This is all so time consuming
isn't it?!
Caroline

----------
> From: james kissinger <jkissing@uvic.ca>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] range free turkey?
> Date: December 26, 1998 2:16 PM
>
> Kathy, EVERTHING tasted better when we were kids. Our taste buds were in
> good shape. Anyway, our supplier SAYS that no hormones but buyer beware
as
> Caroline says. I learned a lot from Martha and everyday, too. Like
studying
> cultural anthrology for me. Marvellously fascinating. Recipes work with
my
> one pot of utensils, too. LOL, Love, Jeanne
>

> At 09:22 AM 12/26/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >Lil:  Well that makes sense.  Since they started injecting the hormones
into
> >chickens, they just don't taste the way they did when I was little.
I'll
> >bet these turkeys DO taste better, then.  I'm learning something new
every
> >day -- and NOT from Martha Stewart!  LOL  Love, Kathy

Roads
> >>are

Discussion