Re: [MOL] range free turkey? [02615] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] range free turkey?

Hi Lil,
I was not implying at all that you were nutty or even wrong in your post
re: free range turkeys. I know that there are places where you can get
organically raised turkeys but they are not the easiest places to find. I
was talking about the run of the mill grocery chains that are advertising
them, even some of the health food stores sell these kinds too. It would be
up to the individual to research where and what the turkeys eat and do in
their relatively short lives. Remember advertising is a suck to get you to
buy!!! LOL It's our responsibility to research.
Love ya
Caroline

----------
> From: Lillian Jennings <Firefly@islc.net>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] range free turkey?
> Date: December 27, 1998 9:17 AM
>
> Perhaps there is a difference between Canada and the U.S.; but I was glad
> to see that I am not nutty as a fruit cake....thanks Marty !
>
> ----------
> > From: Martin Auslander <fitecancer@earthlink.net>
> > To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> > Subject: Re: [MOL] range free turkey?
> > Date: Sunday, December 27, 1998 9:16 AM
> >
> > To Christine and Kathy and all.
> >
> > Their are health food stores that do, during the course of the year,
> > advertise range free organic turkeys to be free of pesticides,
hormones,
> > etc and when they are ready for the butcher shop, they are fresh and
> > free of anything that is normally used for the typical grocery store
> > turkeys. We buy from a store called "Whole Foods" and "Mothers" where
> > they advertise, range free organic turkeys and you can only buy them
for
> > one month in NOvember of the year. They are FDA controlled to make
> > certain that what is advertised is correct. Just a suggestion.
> >
> > God Bless
> > marty auslander
> >
> > jerry corrigan wrote:
> > >
> > > Lil:  Well that makes sense.  Since they started injecting the
hormones
> into
> > > chickens, they just don't taste the way they did when I was little.
> I'll
> > > bet these turkeys DO taste better, then.  I'm learning something new
> every
> > > day -- and NOT from Martha Stewart!  LOL  Love, Kathy

That
> inch

Discussion
> the