Re: [MOL] Frank! [03419] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Frank!

How many Christmas preasents did you have to send, one?  Lordy, I haven't
even started and I don't know when I will start either.  It's nice and warm
here, would you like to come and do my Christmas shopping for me?  Bring
your money!  Now, what do you mean no one wants to talk to you?  Your
behind on two messages from me, and I know there's other's who would say
the same.  So just snap out of that mode and know that we all care very
much about you, your well being and the cold you are stuck in.  Your
friend, lillian

----------
> From: Frank Cromie <fmc@ndak.net>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] bad mood/PJ
> Date: Sunday, November 29, 1998 7:34 PM
>
> This is Frank,I feel like the Lone Ranger,no one wants to talk to me.But
let
> me add my two cents about waiting and being a bad mood..I thought I was
> going to get my canerous prostate taken out in June.But since cancer was
> found in my kidney,they removed that instead.Then I had to wait six weeks
> until I recovered enough to have surgery again.The nite before my second
> surgery they gave me this liquid fleet juice to drink.I went so many
> times,that I had to change my hospitol gown three times.In the morning I
> still was going.So they had to postpone the surgery until the next day.My
> read was so infected and blistered that it took three weeks to get the
> redness down.Now about going on a diet,I am presently on a "Seafood
Diet",I
> eat all the food I see.Anyway my friend,my heart is with you,you will be
in
> my prayers.How many of you folks are doing your Christmas Shopping on the
> internet.I am just about through with my shopping,its all in the
mail..Love
> to all.Frank Cromie

Goodness,
> >girfriend, you're really working to set yourself up for a totally
miserable
> >Christmas!! Sooooo, take a deep breath and repeat after me ten times: I
am
> >not superwoman, and my goal is to just chill and enjoy the coming weeks
> >with my friends and family!"
> >
> >Now, let's look at your goals one by one:
> >
> >Re: dieting -- yo-yo dieting is bad for you, you already know that. And
any
> >diet where you lose 20 pounds in three weeks is also very bad for you;
you
> >know that, too. The pounds didn't come on overnight, you're not going to
> >lose them that way either. And the studies all indicate that many of
these
> >kinds of diets actually screw up your metabolism. What you want is a
> >lifestyle "shift." That's going to include smaller portions of healthy
> >food, and exercize (no way to avoid that one!) The Nordic Track is
> >excellent, in that it will give you a full body workout. But you need to
> >set modest goals or you will give up before you start. So start with
baby
> >steps, dear heart, manageble steps where you can see progress. Keep a
> >journal of when you eat and what. Get in touch with what situations make
> >you grab for food. But take your time, so you can keep it off.
> >
> >RE: pregnant by Christmas: again, don't put this kind of pressure on
> >yourself! Having a baby should be fun, in both the making and the
raising.
> >How much fun will you have if you've got a deadline? And if you're
> >stressed, you're going to make it that much tougher to conceive. Your
Mom
> >loves YOU -- her Christmas is not going to be based on whether you're
> >pregnant, trust me!
> >
> >RE: Christmas: Let it happen! Roll with it!! Re-read Marty's chicken
soup
> >on laughter, and promise yourself that your are going to laugh more this
> >year than ever before, that you are not going to waste a single moment
> >meeting the expectations of others, that you are going to be in the
moment
> >with your loved ones every single day. Scale down  and simplify
everything
> >you can. THAT, my dear friend, will ensure not only a great Christmas
for
> >YOU, but for all those who love you as well. I promise! Consider
yourself
> >Hugged! Love, Joicy
> >
> >--------------
> >
> >>Hi everyone
> >>I'm just telling you all in advance that starting tomorrow I'm going to
be
> >>really bad mood.
> >>Tomorrow is my 1st day of dieting - again.
> >>
> >>I want to lose lose lose.  My hubby and I made a pact to lose some wait
by
> >>Christmas so we can get pregnant and surprise mom when she visits God
> Willing.
> >>
> >>Also tomorrow say a prayer for my mom Dolly that she gets the new
chemo.
> Her
> >>shingles are still there but tomorow the onc will let us know.  The onc
> won't
> >>let her travel to us unless mom has 2 visits of chemo in her.  this new
> chemo
> >>Camptosar is going to give her severe diarrahea.  Hope and pray she is
> able to
> >>travel.  If not we are going there in two weeks.  If mom comes here I'm
> going
> >>to be having Christmas dinner for atleast 15-20 people - I'll need the
> prayers
> >>for that.  I have my menu prepared just in case I need 3 weeks to know.
> Wow I
> >>just can't believe it's almost December.  I don't know about rest of
you
> >>beautiful & handsome people but this year went by so fast.  It feels
like
> >>yesterday that I was in the operating waiting room waiting for mom's
> results.
> >>
> >>So people just cheer me up as I go through this diet thing.  My cousin
> told me
> >>about a Dr. Atkins diet - no carbs for a while.  She lost 20 pounds in
3
> >>weeks.  I need to lose that and more.  I just pray that I can lose it.
My