Re: [MOL] OK. SUPERWOMEN! [03417] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] OK. SUPERWOMEN!

Joicy:  I was ROFLOL at your message to  PJ.  Really hit home. I mean your
house superwomen!
I like the idea of laughter and boy you sure gave me a good laugh, Miss
Pleaser!  Too bad laughter doesn't make one loose weight,  because I would
have lost many a pound over this.  Telling on you aren't I?

Well, we need to shake up a triffle, things have been way too serious, with
few really good jokes.

My mother would say the following:

	A picture is worth a thousands words.
	A camera only takes what is in front of it.

So!  I am going to get a picture of myself to look at when I open my mouth
to put food into it. Send the Nordic to me PJ as fast as you can.  LOL!
love all of you, lillian

> From: Joicy Becker <joicy@POP.erols.com>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] bad mood/PJ
> Date: Sunday, November 29, 1998 6:58 PM
>
> Dearest PJ,
> As a wise friend once told me (more than once!) "Cool your jets!"
Goodness,
> girfriend, you're really working to set yourself up for a totally
miserable
> Christmas!! Sooooo, take a deep breath and repeat after me ten times: I
am
> not superwoman, and my goal is to just chill and enjoy the coming weeks
> with my friends and family!"
>
> Now, let's look at your goals one by one:
>
> Re: dieting -- yo-yo dieting is bad for you, you already know that. And
any
> diet where you lose 20 pounds in three weeks is also very bad for you;
you
> know that, too. The pounds didn't come on overnight, you're not going to
> lose them that way either. And the studies all indicate that many of
these
> kinds of diets actually screw up your metabolism. What you want is a
> lifestyle "shift." That's going to include smaller portions of healthy
> food, and exercize (no way to avoid that one!) The Nordic Track is
> excellent, in that it will give you a full body workout. But you need to
> set modest goals or you will give up before you start. So start with baby
> steps, dear heart, manageble steps where you can see progress. Keep a
> journal of when you eat and what. Get in touch with what situations make
> you grab for food. But take your time, so you can keep it off.
>
> RE: pregnant by Christmas: again, don't put this kind of pressure on
> yourself! Having a baby should be fun, in both the making and the
raising.
> How much fun will you have if you've got a deadline? And if you're
> stressed, you're going to make it that much tougher to conceive. Your Mom
> loves YOU -- her Christmas is not going to be based on whether you're
> pregnant, trust me!
>
> RE: Christmas: Let it happen! Roll with it!! Re-read Marty's chicken soup
> on laughter, and promise yourself that your are going to laugh more this
> year than ever before, that you are not going to waste a single moment
> meeting the expectations of others, that you are going to be in the
moment
> with your loved ones every single day. Scale down  and simplify
everything
> you can. THAT, my dear friend, will ensure not only a great Christmas for
> YOU, but for all those who love you as well. I promise! Consider yourself
> Hugged! Love, Joicy
>
> --------------
>
> >Hi everyone
> >I'm just telling you all in advance that starting tomorrow I'm going to
be a
> >really bad mood.
> >Tomorrow is my 1st day of dieting - again.
> >
> >I want to lose lose lose.  My hubby and I made a pact to lose some wait
by
> >Christmas so we can get pregnant and surprise mom when she visits God
Willing.

> >Also tomorrow say a prayer for my mom Dolly that she gets the new chemo.
 Her
> >shingles are still there but tomorow the onc will let us know.  The onc
won't
> >let her travel to us unless mom has 2 visits of chemo in her.  this new
chemo
> >Camptosar is going to give her severe diarrahea.  Hope and pray she is
able to
> >travel.  If not we are going there in two weeks.  If mom comes here I'm
going
> >to be having Christmas dinner for atleast 15-20 people - I'll need the
prayers
> >for that.  I have my menu prepared just in case I need 3 weeks to know.
Wow I
> >just can't believe it's almost December.  I don't know about rest of you
> >beautiful & handsome people but this year went by so fast.  It feels
like
> >yesterday that I was in the operating waiting room waiting for mom's
results.

> >So people just cheer me up as I go through this diet thing.  My cousin
told me
> >about a Dr. Atkins diet - no carbs for a while.  She lost 20 pounds in 3
> >weeks.  I need to lose that and more.  I just pray that I can lose it.
My