Re: [MOL] nausea from cancer and its treatment [03409] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] nausea from cancer and its treatment

Hi Martin,
I have written you previously regarding your cocktail for nausea and have
never received a return note. I am in a situation where I meet up with a
lot of people who are receiveing chemo and who experience this awful side
effect. My sister at this moment is dealing with a friend's father who is
loding weight drastically following chemo and he cannot eat because
everything tastes so yucky to him. I'm wondering again if you have some
suggestions for me to pass onto my sister so that the Dr. (if it requires
prescription drugs) can have a look at it. Very much appreciatied.
Sincerely
Caroline from Canada.

----------
> From: Martin Auslander <fitecancer@earthlink.net>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com; Kantrowitz@AOL.COM
> Subject: Re: [MOL] nausea from cancer and its treatment
> Date: November 28, 1998 5:46 AM
>
> Dear Sir,
>
> If your wife has been taking each of the pills you have mentioned
> individually, much of the time it does alleviate the side effect. The
> side effect, in my view, has to be alleviated by injesting a combination
> of some of meds you mentioned, not individually. I have mentioned from
> time to time here a cocktail or combination of prescrived meds that
> works in every case of nausea. I would be more than happy to discuss
> with you by e-mail. Pls respond privately to my message so that I can
> communicate with you. I am very encouraged that it will help in your
> wifes case.
>
> God Bless
> marty auslander
>
> Kantrowitz@AOL.COM wrote:
> >
> > My wife has had gloibastoma multiforme for almost a year.  She had a
> > craniotomy in December of 97.  Then IMRT radiation treatment for two
months in
> > March and April.  She has been on BCNU and Temezolimide for 30 weeks.
Shortly
> > after beginning her radiation treatment she has been extremely naseaus,
she
> > does not vomit but is always nauseas.  We have tried
> > compazine,reglan,zofran,marinol,tigan, ativan, kytril and phenergan.  I
have
> > been giving her 25mg intraveneously of phenergan through a catheter in
her
> > chest.  This helps for about an hour but that is all.  She also
receives
> > decadron through this catheter.  We are looking for a MEDICATION TO
ALLEVIATE