[MOL] Joke! [02476] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Joke!

Brenda O'Malley is home as usual, making dinner, when Tim Finnegan
arrives at her door.

"Brenda darlin, may I come in?" he asks.  "I've somethin' to tell ya."

"Of course you can come in, you're always welcome, Tim.  But where's my
husband?"

"That's what I'm here to be tellin' ya, Brenda.  There was an accident
you see down at the Guiness brewery..."

"Oh, God no!" cries Brenda.  "Please don't tell me..."

"I must, Brenda.  Your husband Shamus is dead and gone bless his soul.
I'm sorry."

Brenda reached a hand out to her side, found the arm of the rocking
chair by the fireplace, pulled the chair to her and collapsed into it.
She wept for many minutes.  Finally she looked up at Tim. "How did it
happen Tim?"

"It was terrible, Brenda.  He fell into a vat of Guiness Stout and the
poor lad drowned."

"Oh sweet Jesus!  But tell me true, Tim.  Did he at least go quickly?"

"Well, no Brenda......I'm afraid not..... no."

"No?"

"Fact is, he got out three times to pee."