From: ken naehring <blessu@worldnet.att.net>
To: mol-cancer <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
Date: Sunday, 15 November 1998 16:03
Subject: [MOL] $10.00 joke

Now, before I share this with you all.. I just want you to know that I don't want to be in contention for the sick puppy award...  I think that should be kept between Lil, John and Wayne!!  LOL!!

Ten Dollahs

Stumpy Grinder and his wife Martha were from Portland,
Maine. Every year they went to the Portland Fair, and
every year Stumpy said " Ya know Mahtha, I'd like ta get
a ride in that theah aihplane." and every year Martha
would say "I know Stumpy, but that ihplane ride costs ten
dollahs.... and ten dollahs is ten dollahs." So Stumpy
says " By Jeebers Mahtha, I'm 71 yeahs old, if I don't go
this time I may nevah go." Martha replies " Stumpy, that
there aihplane ride is ten dollahs...and ten dollahs is ten
dollahs."

So the pilot overhears them and says " Folks, I'll make
you a deal, I'll take you both up for a ride, if you can
stay  quiet for the entire ride and not say ONE word,
I won't  charge you, but just one word and it's ten dollars."

They  agree and up they go.... the pilot does all kinds of
twists  and turns, rolls and dives, but not a word is heard,
he  does it one more time, still nothing... so he lands.

He turns to Stumpy as they come to a stop and says " By
golly, I did everything I could think of to get you to
holler out, but you didn't."

And Stumpy replies " Well, I was  gonna say something
when Mahtha fell out...but ten dollahs is ten dollahs!