Re: [MOL] Cost of Tamoxifen [01031] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Cost of Tamoxifen

Hi Christine,
In Canada the government medical system picks up some of the costs for
Tamoxifen. In BC 100% is covered as long as it is prescribed through the
cancer clinic. Other provinces will have varying amounts that they will
pay.
Sincerely
Caroline from Canada.

----------
> From: Christine White <christine.white@sympatico.ca>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] Cost of Tamoxifen
> Date: November 1, 1998 7:54 AM
>
> No, that is just the price of it when you buy 3 months worth at a time.
If
> you buy it by the month, it is $17.00. I have not put any of it through a
> drug plan with Alec's insurance, as we have only had insurance to cover
> prescriptions since this last month. Perhaps, with the Canadian medical
> system, the gov't picks up some of the tab that we don't see?. (Jeanne,
any
> ideas?) In Cdn dollars, you would be paying $120.00/mth versus the
> $17.00/mth that I pay. Curious, isn't it?
> Christine
>
> At 04:05 AM 01/11/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >Hi Christine,
> >I have been on tamoxifen only one month but the prescription for that
month
> >was $88. Of course my insurance picked up  the majority of that cost,
and I
> >suspect you are on some kind of a co-pay system that allows you to get a
> >three month supply for $50.00.
> >Liz
> >
> >>Was just wondering what tamoxifen costs. Several have mentioned the
expense
> >>of it but here, in Canada, my tamoxifen only costs about $50.00 for a
three
> >>month supply. Just curious.
> >>Christine

Forum