Re: [MOL]PJ [00554] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL]PJ

PJ - Yes be concerned.  One of the reasons that my chemo was changed
drastically is that my CEA went up to 32 from a previous count of 11 - this
was over 3 months.

Definitely call and ask when this first began going up and what he intends
to do about it.

As my doctor explained to me, this is an open-ended scale; he has seen as
high as a county of 15,000; however, it's the going up that concerns - not
the numbers.  The simple fact that it's going up means the cancer is taking
a stronger hold.

Many of my other indicators (tests, etc.) look really good, but this CEA
alone was enough to make him take another look - also that my breathing
capacity is going down for no apparent reason.

Love

Suzanne