[MOL] November 1st All Saints Day & FAITH [00207] Medicine On Line

[MOL] November 1st All Saints Day & FAITH

Dear PJ (from JP :+)

Thanks for that prayer to St. Jude.  Being the patron Saint of hopless
cases, I had adopted him as my patron saint, and indeed did so at my
parents urging many years ago when I was a child...even had a small
carved statue of him!  My other favorite saint is Francis of Assisi ...
especially since I attended St. Francis College in Brooklyn, New York!
Due to my fortunate meeting with Larry Baran, I have been granted many
blessings from St. Terresa and love the statue that Larry gave to me in
Washington.

The significance of All Saints Day is not so much honoring all the Saints
that have been so recognized by the Chruch as it is those Saints who,
through their Christ-like lives, are in heaven with Abba (God our Father
or "Daddy") and who have no recognized day of celebration.  I believe my
Mother (who adored our BVM) and my Father (who had a special devotion to
the Sacred Heart of Jesus) are among those Saints in heaven with ABBA
along with their son, my brother who died when only weeks old...certainly
too young to have been ensnared by Saten.

I have found that many people are unwilling or too "embaressed" to
acknowledge the importance of religion in their lives.  They even blame
God for their fate and are traped in being victums.  I thank God for
reigniting my faith and leading me back to the religious beliefs of my
childhood.  It is there that I have found enormous peace and comfort and
a true sense of purpose.  I can't conceive of going forward in this life,
after having experienced cancer, without the purpose and direction I have
gotten from the Holy Spirit.  It has flowed from the love and caring of
all the people who have been blessed by God on this mol-cancer support
group.  It has been each of you who have guided me back to that safe
place of my childhood faith...and each of you have been touched by the
loving hand of God.

So, on All Saints Day, as I spent time reflecting during Mass, I thought
of and prayed for each of you.  Some I know very well, others just in
passing and a few hardly at all.  Yet each of you has touched me and
become an important part of my journey and purpose.  I thanked Abba for
having allowed you to enter my life and for having granted me the open
mind necessay to benefit from your presence.

God Bless you all and may we all go forward on our journey with the
blessings of faith.

Love.
John