Re: [MOL] closets [02695] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] closets

G'day,
A bikky is a biscuit. I am actually a fourth (i think) generation
Australian, however, I love words too. So my vocabulary is a mixture of
different languages. When I was little, I used to read those very english
books about boys and girls in boarding schools, etc. I am actually of irish
and english descent, with a little german and scot thrown in for good
measure! lol. When I send the vocab. stuff, I have to check some of it in a
dictionary, 'cause some of them, I hadn't heard of myself! lol
Take care
Love Mam

----------
> From: Elizabeth Patterson <eapat@ewa.net>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] closets
> Date: Saturday, 31 October 1998 13:48
>
> Well I don't know what a bikky is but most of the words you use tell me
you
> have a strong English heritage somewhere. My "very English" Grandmother
> used most of the same terms. I do find it fun to learn your vocabulary
> lessons. My friends tease me about how much I love words. I think
learning
> new words is great.
> Liz
>
> >We have brekky, lunch and tea (or dinner). Supper is occasionally served
> >before bed, it is usually a warm drink and maybe a bikky or something
> >light. I usually skip brekky (not good, I know, I know!) Have a sandwich
> >for lunch, and our main meal is tea or dinner.
> >We have lounges/sofas/divans. Futons have become quite popular too.
> >Love Mam
> >
> >----------
> >> From: Elizabeth Patterson <eapat@yahoo.com>
> >> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> >> Subject: Re: [MOL] closets
> >> Date: Saturday, 31 October 1998 5:43
> >>
> >> All this talk of pantries and wardrobes and built-ins is like a trip
> >> through the past. I remember my grandmother using such terms but I
> >> haven't heard them used for years. Couch and davenport gave way to
> >> sofa a long time ago.
> >>
> >> Now I ask you, do you eat dinner at noon or at night. How about
> >> supper, and, ofcourse, lunch. I grew up eating breakfast, dinner and
> >> supper. But I now skip breakfast and eat lunch and dinner.
> >> Liz

> >> wonder I
> >> the rest

> >> most