RE: [MOL] canadians/kathy in boise, Christine [02645] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] canadians/kathy in boise, Christine

Kathy, just an average northerner, we are all a bit weird in a nice
Canadian way. Most Canadians live within a very narrow line along the 49th
parallel. The rest of the country is wild, wooly and fascinating like the
Alaska types. Buffy is Cree all right! Lovely nose, stereotypical plains
Indian....like Grey Owl, only he was an Englishman.  I like accents, a fun
thing and everyone thinks they don't have one themselves. For instance, I
have trouble, saying "wax" as in waxing the floor. James uses to find it
funny as our last house had wood floors and I had to send a lot of time
"Waaaxing the floor, only it comes like a baby's "WAAAAAA!". Have trouble
with s sounds too. Which is bad as we live by the ocean and you would be
surprised how many times the word "sea" or "seashore" comes up in
conversations. You get a bit paranoid about it, as when you are pregnant
and the world seems filled with pregnant women. After the kids leave home,
they disappear. (the pregnant women, I mean).

Shall we start on cliches as well, has anyone ever heard "I'll be with you
in two shakes of a rats tail"? Stayed tuned for the origins of this.

Jeanne