Re: [MOL] Hey John [02495] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Hey John

Hi there PJ,

Sorry about the JP but I guess I thought I was writing to myself...you
see, my name is John Patrick (JP for short)!!!  I can readily relate to
the "New York" label.  I just returned from 10 years in Boston back in
'94 and still suffer from wiplash.  I was laughed at while in Beantown
every time I asked for a cup of "corfie" and just got in the habit of
saying "caafee" when I found myself back in New "Yaak".  Now, I'm still
accused of being a "Borstonian" because of the way I say "Baaston".  Go
Figgah!

I really do enjoy the numerous accents that exist in a metropolitan city
like New York or Chicago or Boston or LA.  Being in Biomedical Research,
I also get the internationl variety ranging from Israeli through Indian
around British (tripping on Australian) over Russian to Chinese.  You
see, my father used to say that my problem was English is my second
language...I have no mother tong!

God Bless.
John

ps: Hey Mam...is it true that Aussies talk so funny because the brain has
been effected by the toilet bowles flushing the oppisite way??  ;+)