Re: [MOL] Accents & Far Away Places [02467] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Accents & Far Away Places

We are used to all kinds of accents here, especially New York ones. Most of
our tv shows are Yankee ones. Sometimes when we do see an Aussie movie, the
accents sound funny, even to us! lol
Love to you
Mam

----------
> From: PSerritell@aol.com
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: [MOL] Accents & Far Away Places
> Date: Thursday, 29 October 1998 7:37
>
> Okay I had to jump on the Accent Wagon.
>
> In 1992 my hubby and I visited the beautiful state of Hawaii.  When I
checked
> in to the most beautiful Hotel I had ever been too "Kea Lani" in Maui,
the
> nice gentlemen said "YOU MUST BE FROM NEW YORK".  I said wow how the heck
did
> you know that he said "Easy when you gave me your address and you said
NEW
> YAWK".  He said I sounded like a real New YAWKER......:):):):).
>
> It didn't stop there either.  On the way home we spent a few days in Las
Vegas