Re: [MOL] re canadians/accents [02460] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] re canadians/accents

We have wardrobes (robes) in the bedrooms and cupboards in the kitchen, and
anywhere else (laundry, etc.) At school or sporting facilities or
workplaces, we have lockers! I love all these differences! hehehe
Mam

----------
> From: james kissinger <jkissing@uvic.ca>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: RE: [MOL] re canadians/accents
> Date: Tuesday, 27 October 1998 2:18
>
> Kathy, according to them, you sure did! LOL Jeanne
>
> At 01:52 PM 10/26/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >Judy:  Didn't know that, either!  It is weird.  That, however, makes
more
> >sense than cupboard.  I've seldom seen cups in people's closets!  Wilma
was
> >my Boston friend.  I loved her accent, and she was a great lady.  She
moved
> >back to Boston and I haven't seen her in years, but get Christmas cards
> >still.  What other cute expressions do Idahoans have?  I can't think of
any.
> >Some of us do say "worsh" for "wash," but my father was a radio
announcer
> >(retired) and my mother an English teacher (also retired).  Diction was
> >important in our home.  Consequently, most of our friends thought WE
talked
> >funny!!  -- Kathy

Forum