[MOL] vulvar dyaplasia [02356] Medicine On Line

[MOL] vulvar dyaplasia

Dear Stacy,
    I have also been diagnosed with severe dysplasia(VIN-3) and I have
undergone the surgery-split wide local excision.  My docter tells me
that the margin was not totally clean, but my wound opened and I
developed an abscess.  This was actually a good thing since inflammation
can cause the dysplastic cells to slough off and than be replaced by
healthy cells.  I will have to go back every three months for follow
up.  If I were you I would contact my insurance company if I was denied
treatment that my docter said was needed, repeatedly.  If I did not get
anywhere, I would than contact my congressman and senator.  Please keep
me advised with how you are doing.  I came upon this a year later, so I
certainly hope by now that you have received treatment and are going for
follow ups.