RE: [MOL] Re: Monday Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul... [02156] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] Re: Monday Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul...

Title: RE: [MOL] Re: Monday Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul...

Les:  What a great, little story.  Dolly is surely somewhere in Heaven.  I remember the early fifties, too, so we must be about the same age.  When I was little we had a golden greyhound named Ralph.  I found him at school when I was in the fourth grade.  Apparently, he had escaped from a truck full of greyhounds on its way to Portland, Oregon for the dog races.  The pound picked him up after he had hung around the school grounds playing with me for about a week.  My dad and I went to get him.  He jumped up, put his paws on my dad's shoulders and licked his face.  Dad was done for then!  We had him for many years, and he was the most gentle, wonderful pet imagineable -- he could also run 40 mph!  We had a baby chicken (that grew up into an irritating rooster) at Easter one year.  His name was Frickasee.  The baby chick would peck at Ralph's nose and Ralph would open his mouth.  The chick would crawl in and just stand there on Ralph's tongue!  Ralph never closed his mouth on the chick.  Not once!  -- Kathy in Boise