Re: [MOL] Suzanne [01772] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Suzanne

Suzanne,
A pneumothorax is basically a condition where air or fluid accumulates in
the lung, or a part of it, causing pain, difficulty in breathing, and so
forth. It has a number of causes, and can usually be detected on a chest
xray. have you had one recently? Sometimes, they can fix themselves, other
times they need to insert a tube into the chest which is connected to a
special drainage bottle (underwater seal drainage system). Your Doctor
should know if this is a possible cause of your current problems, and a
simple chest x-ray will confirm the diagnosis. Of course, there could be
other reasons why you are having problems, it is only that I have just
finished an assignment which dealt with things like this, and it is fresh
in my mind. Ask your doctor, and if he says 'what idiot suggested that' you
are welcome to tell him/her I did! Take care of yourself, and you give as
much to us as you get, I promise!
Love Mam