Re: [MOL] Tuesdays Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul... [01730] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Tuesdays Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul...

Gail,
Will be thinking of you during your CT on Thursday hoping it is nothing
serious. That's great that your liver funtions on Friday were normal. Rest
up and relax.
Christine

At 06:36 PM 20/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
> [...]
>  was asked of me when I was doing a Relationship Service
>  seminar for the YMCA. I have          to admit that the question
>           caught me off guard for a brief second. We had been talking
>
> "" all day and          this woman wanted some concrete methods
>  for developing client or, for that matter, any          relationship.
>       After pausing for a minute          to collect my thoughts, I
>           stated that the only thing I could do was tell her the truth
>
>  from my experience. Somewhat          shyly, I began to tell her the
>           story of how my wife and I saved our relationship. My mind

>  flashed back to a time when          Karen and I were at a State Fair
>  and I won two red velvet hearts as a consolation prize in
>  one of the midway games. I          broke apart the two hearts and
>           gave one to Karen and kept one for myself.
>       We had been married for 10          years and were going through
> "" in our relationship. We still loved
>  each other, but something was          missing.
>      "" to continue so one
>  day she came up with a plan. She took one of the hearts          and
>  hid it in my towel while I          was taking a shower. When I went
>  to grab my towel, the red heart spilled out. As I bent          down
>  to pick it up, I was          overcome with a rush of emotion that
>  made me flash back to the time when I won the red hearts          and
>  the love we felt for each          other at that moment.
>       I then hid the heart in her          sock drawer. She hid it in
>  my          underwear drawer. I hid it in the refrigerator. She
>  wrapped it in plastic wrap and hid it in the          peanut butter.
>  Hiding the          heart became as much fun as finding it. Each time
>  we hid or found it was a moment to be          treasured, like the
>  first          moment we fell in love or the first moment we kissed
>  or the first moment we looked into our child's          eyes. Each is
>  a cherished and          precious moment.
>       How do you develop a          relationship? One moment at a
>           time!
>
>My perspective of relationships is this: I have been          blessed to be
>the
>partner of a great          lady where we have built up a relationship for
30
>years in marriage and friends with so many where time          and toils and
>troubles develop but          nevertheless relationships become stronger
thru
>those times. I have been fortunate to have even          stronger
>relationships
>as a result of          the disease called c......This diseases has brought
>much
>into our life in terms of strength, love,          devotion, dedication but
>mostly the          warmth and concern and compassion and caring from those
>great
>souls who wish to build up relationships,          long, quality lasting.
For