Re: [MOL] invasive ductal carcinoma [00984] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] invasive ductal carcinoma

My copy of the email was dated Monday, Aug 27, 1956 but on my list of
emails it was 1970. How interesting.
Jayna,
Just wanted to say that I am a breast cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with
ductal carcinoma in situ with focal invasion 2 years ago. I am now 38. It
is very scary to learn that you have cancer but the more knowledge and
information you acquire, the more power you have to control this disease.
What course of action do the doctors recommend? I, like Liz, had a
lumpectomy followed by radiation. After surgery, you will know more about
size of growth, lymph node involvement, etc. Don't panic. If caught early,
survival rates are excellent. Don't get caught up in statistics as they are
just that. Each person responds differently to treatment and a positive
attitude goes a long way to ensuring we overcome this disease. Let us know
more about your friend and perhaps we can share with you more of our
knowledge and experiences. She will certainly be in our prayers.
Christine