RE: [MOL] Prayers for Lizabeth [00923] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] Prayers for Lizabeth

Title: RE: [MOL] Prayers for Lizabeth

Sylvia.  Poor Lizabeth!!!  I can't answer most of your questions.  I was hospitalized three times during my treatment -- the first time, they flubbed up putting the catheter thing in my chest and almost overdosed me on morphine (I don't remember this, of course); the second time, I got so dehydrated and nauseated I couldn't eat, and the third time, because the radiation burned my esophagus and it swelled to the point that I couldn't swallow.  They gave me Ativan, too -- and morphine, but I never slurred my words or imagined things -- I don't think.  I had absolutely sensational dreams, though.  I do not understand why the doctor seems so unconcerned about such a substantial weight loss!!  My radiation doctor is young, arrogant, and he was totally unconcerned about the radiation burns, too.  However, my oncologist wasn't unconcerned.  She was furious.  Don't doctors like that frustrate you?  The nurse was wheeling me downstairs for some kind of horrible procedure (taking a photograph of inside my throat), and we passed this doctor.  He smiled condescendingly and said, "Don't worry -- it'll heal."  The nurse muttered obscenities to herself.  In the meantime, I was in there for two weeks before I could eat anything.  They fed me intraveneously.  I'm surprise they aren't doing that for Lizabeth.  I gained ten pounds while I was in there, and promptly lost them after I got home.  I still haven't gained them back, but I eat like a horse.  You are obviously a wonderful friend to Lizabeth.  I'll pray hard for her.  I have a list now.  It's a good feeling to be praying for someone besides myself.  -- Kathy in Boise.