Re: [Fwd: Re: [MOL] Low Blood Count] [00101] Medicine On Line

Re: [Fwd: Re: [MOL] Low Blood Count]

Dear Judy,

I just resubscribed to Mol also and did not see your post on low blood
counts. If I can just help here and point out a few things about low
blood counts, then maybe it will be more understandable. One of the
means to healing is the educational factor that each of us need to know
and there are some basics so that souls, like yourself can take more
charge of their wellness by understanding some few basic concepts of
resulting radiology reports, blood tests, medical opinions. What this
education tends to do is limit the amount of stress that is placed on us
for the lack of understanding and rightfully so, because we are now
placed in a situation that we know nothing about. Well, its time for you
to get well and one of the things that is needed is some educational
factors. So here goes and if my message is not understandable, pls ask
and ask as many times until it becomes easier for you.

One of the basic blood tests you will have is called a "cbc" (complete
blood test) In this test there are measures for each of the blood cells.
There are three blood cells that is derived from our bone marrow that
make up the blood components. One is the red cell and this cells duties
is to carry oxygen to the tissues in your body. The second cell is
called the white cell and its duty is fight infections, and the third
cell is called platelets and its duty is to help your body clot so that
when you bleed you don't hemorrage. Ok, so far?

NOw for low blood counts: The following is a basic guideline of what the
three blood cells should be for normal levels.

			MEN		WOMEN

RED CELLS		4.8-10.8	4.8-10.8

WHITE CELLS		4.7-6.1		4.2-5.4

platelets		130,000-400,000	same

So when a doctor says you have low blood counts you now have some
measure of what should be normal. Now there are other measurements of
cells such as hemoglobin counts and hematocrit counts. They are all
levels of red cells as well and becomes a factor in the overall picture.
YOu may wish to ask your Doctor which counts are low and then come back
to us and we will explain in more detail. HOpe this information helps
Judy S and thank you John for your referral and contribution.

God Bless
marty auslander