Re: [MOL] Jeanne - Northern Lights [02806] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Jeanne - Northern Lights

Christine, how perceptive, the aurora is the wind, the cosmic wind! Keep
looking, they can be white as you saw and sometimes, curtains of green,
white and red, like curtains that are being blown by the wind in 3D.
Soemtimes, if the cosmic rain is quite heavy, the whole sky lights
overhead. Its fed by eruptions on the sun with the particles blasted out
and reach us in a day or two. They are deflected by the earths magnetic
field and funnelled along the poles. The colours are given by the atoms
stimulated. Oxygen gives a greenish white light at high reaches or red at
lower levels. You can sometimes see blue. Aren't they the most unearthly
sight? I have a beautiful video, with music yet ot this. Your description
brings back the feelings of awe and just plain joy I get when I see "the
dancing lights".

God Bless, Jeanne