Re: [MOL] Intro / What questions to ask? [02694] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Intro / What questions to ask?

My name is Kay.  Thanks for all the suggestions from the group.  My
friend's name is Lucy and she's in Victoria, Texas with her Mom,
Merle.  I'm planning to drive down (about 3 hours from my home in
Bryan) and take her your messages and the other info I've gotten off
the web.  Thanks again, and I will be back with more questions when we
know more.

Here's a story that went around on the web earlier this spring.  If
Chirst doesn't enter into your spiritual practice, please substitute
someone more appropriate.  Thanks again for all the help.  ... Kay

Devotional Story
At first I saw God as my observer, my judge, keeping track of the
things I did wrong, so as to know whether I merited Heaven or Hell
when I die.  He was out there, sort of like, a president.  I
recognized His picture when I saw it, by I really didn't know Him.
But later on when I met Christ, it seemed as though life were rather
like a bike ride, but it was a tandem bike and I noticed that Christ
was in the back helping me pedal.
 I don't know just when it was that He suggested that we change
places, but life hasn't been the same since.  When I had control, I
knew the way.  It was rather boring but predictable ... It was the
shortest distance between two points.  But when He took the lead, He
knew delightful long cuts, up mountains and through rocky places at
break neck speeds.  It was all I could do to hang on!  Even though it
looked like madness, He said, "Pedal."
   I worried and was anxious and asked, "Where are You taking me?"  He
laughed and didn't answer, and I started to learn to trust.  I forgot
my boring life and entered into the adventure.  When I'd say, "I'm
scared," He'd lean back and touch my hand.  He took me to people with
gifts that I needed; gifts of healing, acceptance, and joy.  They gave
me gifts to take on my journey, my Lord's and mine.
   And we were off again.  He said, "Give the gifts away, they're
extra baggage, too much weight."  so, I did ... to the people we met.
And I found that in giving, I received and still our burden was light.
 I did not trust Him at first, in control of my life.  I thought He'd
wreck it; but He knows bike secrets, knows how to make it bend to take
sharp corners, knows how to jump to clear high rocks, knows how to fly
to shorten scary passages.
   And I am learning to shut up and pedal in the strangest places, and
I am beginning to enjoy the view and the cool breeze on my face with
my delightful, constant companion, Jesus Christ.  And when I am sure I
just cannot do any more, He smiles and says, "Pedal!"