[MOL] Joke! [02423] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Joke!

A newlywed farmer and his wife were visited by her mother, who
immediately demanded an inspection of the place. The farmer had
genuinely tried to be friendly to his new mother-in-law, hoping
that it could be a friendly, non-antagonistic relationship. All
to no avail though, as she kept nagging them at every
opportunity, demanding changes, offering unwanted advice, and
generally making life unbearable to the farmer and his new bride.
While they were walking through the barn, during the forced
inspection, the farmer's mule suddenly reared up and kicked the
mother-in-law in the head, killing her instantly. It was a shock
to all no matter their feelings toward her demanding ways...
At the funeral service a few days later, the farmer stood near
the casket and greeted folks as they walked by. The pastor
noticed that whenever a woman would whisper something to the
farmer, he would nod his head yes and say something.
Whenever a man walked by and whispered to the farmer, however, he
would shake his head no, and mumble a reply. Very curious as to
this bizarre behavior, the pastor later asked the farmer what
that was all about.
The farmer replied, "The women would say, 'What a terrible
tragedy' and I would nod my head and say 'Yes, it was.' The men
would then ask, 'Can I borrow that mule?' and I would shake my
head and say, 'Can't, it's all booked up for a year.'