Re: [MOL] Bill [01963] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Bill

In a message dated 9/18/98 11:18:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, firefly@islc.net
writes:

<< That sure was a different one; however I must say that this does happen all
too
 often.  It is very costly to acquire FDA approval and the red tape is unreal.
 This may protect us; but at the same time it limits us  You knew I would have
 bite on this discussion didn't you Bill?   Why would a pharma. co. jump on
 something that is cheap?  I believe they would prefer a drug that is
expensive, >>

      Dear Lillian: If the drug company owns the patent rights [ which exist
to protect their financial interests ] then no one else can manufacture or
sell the drug without their permission. They then may set any price they
desire,i.e., look at some of the chemo drugs today, some are $600 a pop. Seem
to me that is fairly profitable.

      Sincerely
      Bill