[MOL] Cold rooms and other things. [01139] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Cold rooms and other things.

I don't know why hospitals and other public buildings run their air
conditioning so cold. I hate to be cold in the winter and I don't want to
be cold in the summer any more than I want to be cold in the winter.

I am five weeks into the 7 week radiation treatment program and today I had
a new thing. I had been turning red and itching for a couple of weeks, but
today I found a line of blisters right at the bra line. Ouch. There are
certainly some interesting developments in this radiation process. So now I
am using Aloe gel, hydrocortizone for the itch and some ointment whose name
I can't remember for the burn/blisters. I still get tired but I seem to
have more energy than I did for awhile. I'll be glad when the radiation
treatments are over because they add another thing to a busy day, but I
will miss the therapists. They have a great staff at the hospital where I
take my treatments.

I have been reading Dr. Bernie Siegle's Love, Medicine & Miracles, and I
commented to the therapists that the designers of the room where I get my
treatments must have read his book. He commented that hospital rooms should
have interesting ceilings because patients spent most of their time looking
at them. The ceiling in the radiation room looks like you are under a big
tree that has various shades of green leaves and delicately colored
reddish/pinkish blooms or leaves. In one corner is a wooden structure that
reaches and stretches across the ceiling with branches that appear to be
the branches of the tree. It is really beautiful.

Those of you who are new to this forum in the last month or two, no one has
mentioned Dr. Bernie Siegle's books for a few weeks, but they are certainly
worth reading. I found them in our local library and he supports through
experience as a doctor working with cancer patients much of what you read
on this forum.

Feed your mind positive thoughts and information which will help fight this
disease.

Liz P.