Re: [MOL] Hiatal Hernia [01019] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Hiatal Hernia

      Dear Brahms?: my mom had a hiatal hernia and to my knowledge it cannot
lead to cancer. A hiatal hernia is a condition in which the stomch itself has
protruded through the diaphram, which is a sheet of muscle near the bottom of
the rib cage and which helps to expand the chest cavity to inflate the lungs.
	This protrusion occurs through a weak spot in the diaphram and often results
in the digestive juices, which are acidic, burning the mucus membranes lining
the easophogus, near the stomach itself, which can result in difficulty
eating, or rather swallowing, food. I believe surgery is the recommended
solution.                                 	Sincerely
	Bill[WmCVB@aol.com]