Re: [MOL] Delete files - to Pam [01011] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Delete files - to Pam

Hi Pam

Please excuse the delay in responding to your message - I can really
procrastinate sometimes.  Listed are some of the files you can safely delete:
almost anything with ~.tmp in it. .tmp on a PC stands for temporary
readme files - check what they are - if it is info you want to keep MOVE it
to 	disk
if you have shareware any vendor info files or readme first files
any files that have an extension with a blank in it such as .ex_  -- These
are 	unexpanded files that were expanded when a program was installed on
your computer.  At that time a new file will a full extension was created
and these files with blanks are no longer needed.  If you think you might
need them to reinstall, MOVE them to disk

There are also several commercially available programs to help you do this
- have used Quarterdeck's clean sweep when I had Win 3.x, but now have
Win98 and do not want to fool with anything that could affect registry.
Also boyfriend is a computer programmer so he helps a lot.

Hope this helped.

Suzanne