Re: [MOL] Hiatal Hernia [00993] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Hiatal Hernia

Dear Olive:
The only kind of cancer that I have heard of from a Hiatal Hernia is esophagus
cancer
What happens is the stomach acids keep coming up in the esophagus building
like scar tissue and that is where the cancer starts, if caught in time they
operate and pull the stomach lining up cut off the bad part of the esophagus,
then attach the stomach lining to the good part of the esophagus.  Hope this
is some help to you.  I suppose if the cancer in the esophagus goes to long
that could cause cancer in the stomach.  I'm not a doctor but a friend of mine
had esophagus cancer, and that's what the medical book said.  Hope this is
some help to you.
Love and prayers to you and yours,
Nanc

In a message dated 9/10/98 5:52:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, firefly@islc.net