Re: [MOL] Lil/puters [00407] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Lil/puters

Dear Lil & Mam,

When I had a smaller hard drive and it got that full one of things I did
was go thorugh the directory manually and copy all readme files to disk
(they really added up!).  Also on software you download there are generally
files you don't need to keep, i.e. vendor files, also files about
registering shareware, and any file that has an extension with an
underscore such as ".ex_" is an unexpanded file before that software was
installed in your computer and you don't need it.  If unsure copy it to
disk.  Also any .zip files copy to disk.  When I was done had about 15
more megs  of  space and this my first computer that had only a 100 meg
hard drive!  (it looked big when I first got it).

This takes a bit of time to do, but if you are pressed for space, it is
worth it.

Suzanne

P.S.  I was a software tester before I got ill.