[MOL] another one! [00372] Medicine On Line

[MOL] another one!

 1.                 The more I think of you, the more I
 2.             Love you; I cannot see how any one could
 3.         Hate you. You have always been to me an
 4.             honest, faithful friend, and I hope my love is not an
 5.         Object of contempt. It is true that Once I said
 6.             I would never marry, but that was before
 7.          I loved you. That assertion you know was
 8.             uttered in a bragging manner, in fact not but
 9.          a lie, and I do not know why I made it. If I
 10.             could even pluck up enough courage to
 11.         offer you my hand I know very well you
 12            would be surprised and I doubt if you
 13         would accept it. I do not think I would
 14           listen to a refusal from your lips and
 15         thus make my whole life miserable. To die
 16             without ever expressing my love for you
 17         would be preferable to that. If you write to me
 18            I shall be happy, but if you do not
 19        I shall be miserable and gloomy, your letters
 20             are a source of pleasure and a failure to get them
 21         always make me feel like committing suicide.

NOW READ THIS POEM AGAIN...BUT ONLY THE ODD NUMBERED LINES.........