[MOL] I'm scared [00038] Medicine On Line

[MOL] I'm scared

HI,
My husband has colon cancer statge lll and has started his 4th round of
chemo yesterday.  They have had to lower the doses each time because the
1st round almost killed him due to his body not processing it like the
normasl person.  But what I am writing about is that he has suddenly
developed a severe pain that runs from the mid-butt down the back of his
leg. It started 2 days ago and although he is not a complainer, I noticed
he was sitting funny and walking with caution. It got very painful last
night and although he is not a pain pill taker, he took some so he could
get to sleep.
Does anyone think this has a connection.  I had thought of sciatic nerve
problems and am trying not to think of some kind of bone involvement.
He gets another dose of chemo today and I will ask.  But I am scared.

Being the caretaker is very hard work and I have always been upbeat and
supportive.  If I have to cry and lock myself in the bathroom and sit on
the floor . Because of my lupus I have tried to put that on the back burner
and am struggling with getting by in a "healthy" way. I would gladly take
his bolus shots for him if I could.  I just want him so desperately to get
through this and come back to me in any way he can.

I guess I am scared and maybe venting a bit, but I feel so useless and want
so much to help.
Thanks for listening.
Sandi