Re: [MOL] Liz [03045] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Liz

Dear Lil,
(Gran) When my system crashed the first time (I confess, that was my fault,
mucking around with programs i had no business in! lol), I went and bought
windows 95, had it installed, and now, when it 'goes south' I re-install it
from the disc myself. I have also started saving work as I go on floppy,
just in case. I have already lost almost finished assignments more times
than I care to think! Anyway, my suggestion is that you get hold of Win95
so at least you are not spending all that money to get someone else to do
it! (Maybe someone is upgrading to Win98 and could sell their prog. cheap?)
I can't put Win98 on mine, it wouldn't be worth it, mine is a 486dx66 with
16megs of ram and a 400hdd. (Good hey!) Considering I had never used a
computer before Dec. last year, I reckon I am doing pretty well! lol.
Take care of you
love
G.Gran Nursie

----------
> From: lillian jennings <firefly@islc.net>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] Liz
> Date: Monday, August 31, 1998 1:36 AM
>
> No I did not know about the Windows Disk repair and will certainly go
looking for
> one.  Part of my problem is I bought the system; but they never gave me
copies of
> programs.....like the Windows 95' etc.  And I know you take the computer
to be
> fixed, and they slip a disk in for a tidy sum of money and tell you it is
fixed.
> I would love to go to computer repair school!  Thanks again.  Your
friend,
> Lillian
>

> Elizabeth Patterson wrote:
>
> > Now you who are having trouble with your computers, maybe you'd have
less
> > trouble if you had a Mac. I rarely have a problem and on the rare
occasions
> > when I do Norton Disk Doctor can usually fix them.
> >
> > I believe Windows 95 has a fix disk capabality that can cure problems
on
> > your PC. I have both kinds of computers and frequently my students will
> > have a disk that has their work on it but they can't get it to come up
on
> > another computer to print it. I  have been able to put the disk in my
PC,
> > run the  "repair disk" program and bring their work right up. Disks,
> > whether floppies or hard drives sometimes develop electronic glitches,
but
> > frequently they are repairable. Of course you probably know more about
that
> > with PC's than I since you actually use one. Mine sits here beside my
Mac,
> > rarely used.
> >
> > Liz P.
> >
> > >Hey Granny!
> > >Some of your messages come to me ok, others don't! But it is no big
deal,
> > >as long as I can still read them, it doesn't matter how. Anyway, how
dare
> > >you assume you are the only one with a piece of crap for a 'puter?
Mine has
> > >crashed necessitating no less than three reinstalments of everything
> > >(including windows!) in the past few months! Needless to say, I have
> > >persevere with it 'cause I can't afford a new one (unless I starve the
> > >hubby and kids???!!!). This time, it is quite likely that the problem
might
> > >be with my 'puter. So don't stress ok?
> > >Mam.
> > >PS Wayne reckons I starve him anyway, so what's the problem? I don't
think
> > >he is talking about food though!
> > >
> > >----------

> > >it